The 404 1,163: Where we just can’t be friends (podcast)
Find a stick to bite down on during today’s show, because we’re learning more than we ever wanted about the band Nickelback – how they became Internet pariahs, why they’ve sold 50 million records, and the stomach-churning origin of their name.
We’ll also review a new documentary about disappearing glaciers and climate control, question the value of Internet ads and the new “four second rule,” and prove that the new flagship Apple store in Palo Alto, California is just too darn loud.
Leaked from today’s 404 episode:
– Businessweek publishes four-page Nickelback profile to explain why they’re so hated.
– Movie review: Justin saw “Chasing Ice,” a documentary about disappearing glaciers and climate change.
– Nerd takes an SPL meter to an Apple store to prove its loudness.
– Would you pay $120 to never see an online ad again? Enter AdTrap.
– Facebook couples pages are the worst worst worst.
– Online viewers start leaving if video doesn’t play in 2 seconds, says study.
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnet/pRza/~3/smRuf0D1K_4/